Join the Volunteer Team!
The Waukegan Park District would not be as successful as it is today without the exceptional talents of our citizen volunteers. Our programs, facilities and committees serve the needs of our entire community. Our volunteers play a critical role in our exceptional service delivery. We offer many opportunities to get involved year-round, such as: youth sports coaching, park beautification, special events and program assistance, as well as advisory committee citizen representatives.
How can I get involved?
- Individual Volunteers: Individuals should fill out the Volunteer Agreement. Individuals under eighteen must have a parent or their legal guardian’s signature on the forms.
- Volunteer Organizations: Each volunteer must complete a Volunteer Agreement form (below). The group leader is responsible for collecting all properly signed Volunteer Agreements. Group leaders are responsible for sharing all information regarding the event/activity with everyone in their group.
- SPECIAL NOTE to Individual and groups: Please review the information under Volunteer Requirements/Expectations. More detailed information will be provided from the program area supervisor prior to service being performed.
There are several volunteer opportunities for annual special events. For more information, please click on the event title to download the recruitment flyer (when available). For more information, please contact Maria Contreras at 847-360-4708 or email.
- Listing of the 2022 Waukegan Park District Special Events and Volunteer Interest Form
- Volunteer Agreement Form
- Volunteer Requirements/Expectations
Youth Sports Coaches
Every coach plays a critical role in helping to define a child’s experience when learning to play a recreational sport. If you’re interested in making a positive impact on the life of a young athlete, this is the place for you. We are continuously seeking volunteer coaches for the following sports: flag football, basketball and t-ball.
- Contact: Kaitlin Fischer click to email, 847-782-3620
Park Volunteers & Partners In Parks Program
With 47 parks and facilities to maintain, we welcome the assistance from citizen volunteers and amateur or master gardeners to assist in the following projects: planting flowers and maintaining flower beds, cleaning up debris and leaves.
Volunteers or organizations interested in helping beautify or sponsor one of the district’s more than 47 parks can help by planting and maintaining flower beds, laying sod, cleaning up debris or by offering a host of other park-related assistance throughout the year.
- Contact: Lali Salinas click to email, 847-360-4725