The Waukegan Park District is partnering with the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) and the City of Waukegan to host a Community Recycling Event on Saturday, October 23, 2021 from 10am to 1pm at Bevier Park, located at 2255 Yorkhouse Road. Confidential document shredding will also be available with a limit of four (4) copy and print paper-sized boxes per vehicle.
Collected items will be reused, recycled, or donated. The following items will be accepted, with some exceptions:
- Clothing and Textiles: New, Gently Used or Worn (all sizes, fabrics, types). Your donations of new and gently used will be reused & allow us to recycle worn items received. Includes pet clothing. Bring Bagged. No rugs, pillows, cushions, or fabric scraps will be accepted.
- Belts, Scarves, Hats, Purses, Duffle Bags, & Backpacks
- Bed & Table Linens, and Towels (including sheets, comforters, quilts, blankets, tablecloths, etc.)
- Electronics: Not all electronics will be accepted. A complete list is available here.
- Eyeglasses, Hearing Aids, and Keys
- Musical Instruments: No guitars, drums, or keyboards will be accepted.
- Shoes: All types of footwear will be accepted. Please tie pairs together w/laces; if no laces, rubber band or zip-tie. No moldy, wet, or sole-less shoes will be accepted. No rollerblades or ice skates will be accepted.
- Sporting Equipment: In good, working condition, under 25 lbs and clean. (including bats, baseball gloves, basketballs & other balls, racquets, golf clubs, handheld weights, skates & skateboards, bocci & croquet sets, bike helmets.) No broken, heavy/bulky items, skis, exercise machines, etc.
The 2021 Community Recycling Event will be contact-free. Individuals must stay in their vehicle and have all items marked in bags in the trunk of their vehicle where staff will collect the items.
The Waukegan Park District is committed to being an environmental leader in the community with sound environmental policies, practices, and educational opportunities. In 2004, the Waukegan Park District Board of Commissioners adopted a policy to incorporate principles, practices, and procedures focusing on maintaining and improving the quality of the environment.
For more information, contact Lali Salinas at email@example.com or (847) 360-4725.