The Foundation will:
- receive gifts, bequests and endowments;
- promote the use of District resources and services;
- increase public recreational, educational and conservation programs of the Park District;
- acquire, hold and convey land for the future development of public parks and outdoor recreational areas; and
- engage the community in health, wellness and environmental stewardship activities.
The Waukegan Parks Foundation is a distinct organization separate from the Waukegan Park District. It has its own Board of Directors. A Waukegan Park District Commissioner serves as a liaison between the two entities and is an ex officio member of the Foundation Board.
The Foundation Board consists of the following members and terms.
Charlotte Callahan – (2014- 2018)
Harry Came – (2016-2019)
Vari Duran – (2018-2021)
Yolanda Glass-Brown (2017-2020)
Brian Grach- (2016-2019)
Nathan Hintz (2018-2021)
Anton Mathews- (2017-2020)
Wayne Motley – (2017-2020)
Commissioner Jeremiah Johnson- Ex Officio
Ex Officio Waukegan Park District Staff:
Officers of the Foundation are:
Wayne Motley, President
Charlotte Callahan Wozniak, Vice President
Harry Came, Treasurer
The Waukegan Parks Foundation holds two annual fundraisers to support
the Second Grade Swim Program and Scholarships.
- Partners in Parks in the summer
- The Big Splash in the fall
Help us remove financial barriers to programs for the youth of our community. Donate to our #GivingTuesday campaign on Tuesday, December 3. Every dollar will go a long way.