Waukegan Parks Foundation
The Waukegan Parks Foundation was created in 2014 as a 501(c)3 organization. The purpose is to receive charitable contributions that support the District and further the District’s community education efforts related to fitness, wellness and healthy living.
The Foundation will:
- receive gifts, bequests and endowments;
- promote the use of District resources and services;
- increase public recreational, educational and conservation programs of the Park District;
- acquire, hold and convey land for the future development of public parks and outdoor recreational areas; and
- engage the community in health, wellness and environmental stewardship activities.
The Waukegan Parks Foundation is a distinct organization separate from the Waukegan Park District. It has its own Board of Directors. A Waukegan Park District Commissioner serves as a liaison between the two entities and is an ex officio member of the Foundation Board.
The Foundation Board consists of the following members and terms.
Charlotte Callahan – (2014- 2018)
Harry Came – (2016-2019)
Vari Duran – (2018-2021)
Yolanda Glass-Brown (2017-2020)
Brian Grach- (2016-2019)
Nathan Hintz (2018-2021)
Anton Mathews- (2017-2020)
Wayne Motley – (2017-2020)
Jeremiah Johnson- Ex Officio
Ex Officio Waukegan Park District Staff:
Officers of the Foundation are:
Wayne Motley President
Charlotte Callahan Wozniak Vice President
Harry Came Treasurer
Waukegan Parks Foundation Fundraisers:
The Waukegan Parks Foundation holds two annual fundraisers to support
the Second Grade Swim Program and Scholarships.
- Partners in Parks in the summer
- The Big Splash in the fall