- Address: 2785 West Yorkhouse Road
- Concessions are available during events
- Click here for more information
- View on Map
- Click here for current schedule
The Waukegan Park District (WPD) was approached by the National Bicycle League (NBL) in the fall of 2002 looking for a home for a group of local BMXers that had been making a long trek across the border to Wisconsin to find a suitable track.
For the uninitiated, BMX is the short form of “bicycle moto-cross.” BMX is a sport that involves the whole family, teaches and fosters individual responsibility, respect for others and property, good sportsmanship and courage.
The WPD felt that a BMX track would fit in perfectly with its “benefits-based” philosophy. A BMX program provides optional sports activity for energetic young people.
The track was designed by Mark Hildebrand, a nationally-known builder of BMX tracks who also created tracks for the X-Games, Gravity Games and the 2008 Olympic Games.Hildebrand’s design services were provided free-of-charge by NBL, and he also got his hands dirty by completing the majority of the earth moving on the 1,200 feet-long course as well as field testing each individual track obstacle as they were being constructed.
For your enjoyment and safety, please obey the following:
- WARNING: This track is intended for use by persons with BMX (bicycle motocross) type, non-motorized bicycles only! It is the responsibility of the user to properly equip themselves with the necessary safety equipment, clothing and training in order to safely utilize this unsupervised facility.Waukegan BMX Track
- CAUTION: BMX riding is a high-risk recreational activity with inherent risks of serious injury. Riding with others present is recommended in case of injury.
- The BMX area is unsupervised and participants ride at their own risk. Persons not riding are prohibited from using the BMX track.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) are responsible for supervising their children.
- It is recommended that proper protective equipment such as helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, etc. be used during riding activities. It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure that equipment is in good working condition.
- Personally owned ramps, boxes or other devices may NOT be brought into the facility.
- Inspect the premises before use to make sure it is safe and remove debris that could interfere with the safe use of this facility. Do not use this area if a hazard exists and contact the Parks Department at 847-360-4725.
- Unauthorized motorized equipment is NOT allowed in the park.
- Graffiti, tagging, littering or defacing of Park District property is prohibited and may result in the closure of the facility.
- Glass objects and containers are not allowed in the riding area.
- No smoking inside the track area.
- No drugs or alcohol.
BMX Track Hours: When north entrance gate is open until sunset.
BMX Track Code of Conduct:
- Be courteous to other riders and park users.
- This is your BMX track. Protect it from vandalism. Help to preserve it.
- Be considerate of our neighbors. Keep noise to a minimum.
- Have fun!
- Waukegan BMX Track Website
We welcome your ideas to make the Waukegan BMX Track the best it can be.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
The Waukegan BMX Track is located in Henry Pfau Callahan Park on Yorkhouse Road between Green Bay Road and McAree Road.
2785 West Yorkhouse Road
Waukegan, IL 60087