The Waukegan Park District greatly appreciates the financial support provided through donations and contributions to programs and services. Please consider participating in our donations programs:
- Veterans Memorial Plaza – Paver Program
- Tree and Bench Donation Program
- Partners In Parks Golf Outing
- Special Recreation Programs
- Cultural Arts Division Contributions
- Open Donations and Contributions
- Centennial Contributions and Sponsorships
Veterans Paver Program
To help honor the men and women who have served in one of the five branches of the armed forces, we recognize their accomplishment at Veterans Memorial Plaza with our Paver Program. A 12 X 12 inch brick paver is placed within Veterans Memorial Plaza as a special tribute to your family member, loved one or friend who honorably served their country.
Tree and Bench Donation Program
What better tribute can one make than to present the community with a growing gift of nature which benefits so many and serves as a living reminder for years to come. Trees donated are planted twice during the year. An optional bronze plaque is available for an additional charge to commemorate a loved one, a group of event.
Another popular option is one or more benches, which can be combined into a seating area. A bronze plaque with your inscription is mounted in the center of the bench.
During our Centennial Year, we are planting 100 Centennial trees in our parks. Honor your loved one or organization and provide lasting enjoyment for generations of park patrons with the donation of a Centennial Tree. The District will plant a 6-8 foot tree with a 2 to 2/12 inch trunk. Centennial trees will include a permanent Centennial bronze plaque with a citation that is mounted in concrete. The cost of a Centennial Tree is $500. Please call 847-360-4725 for more information.
Our annual Partners in Parks Golf Outing
Community and neighborhood parks are essential components for quality of life for its residents. The park district is proud to provide one of the best park systems in the state. But what takes a park from “good to great” is the attention to detail and the little extras that make each park a special place.
Therefore, our Partners In Parks program provides businesses, community organizations, neighborhood groups and individuals the opportunity to adopt a park or a special project within a park. As a park partner, sign recognition and a public announcement will be provided. For detailed information on this program, please email: Jon Beckmann or call at 847-360-4715.
Our annual Partners in Parks Golf Outing is held every year in July at our flagship golf course – Bonnie Brook. This annual fundraising event supports park district recreation programs, park improvement initiatives and scholarship programs.
There are several ways you can support this event:
- Sign up as an individual golfer
- Get a foursome together and play in the outing
- Sponsor a foursome of Junior golfers to play in the outing
- Purchase a tee or green sponsorship
- Provide items for the gift bags
- Provide raffle items or door prize, such as: gift certificates or logo items from a company.
The Golf Outing includes a power cart, goodie bag, food and beverage tickets, raffles and a luncheon buffet. For more information about getting involved with this event, please contact Sally Sandine at email@example.com or 847-360-4721.
Special Recreation Programs
In an effort to enhance program and service opportunities to individuals with disabilities and special needs, Waukegan Special Recreation conducts fundraising events throughout the year. Funding acquired has helped to scholarship participants, so they may be involved in recreation programs, camps, no school day activities, as well as various team and individual sports that compete locally, regionally and on the state level for Special Olympics. Here are other ways these donations have made a difference:
In the summer of 2008, twelve individuals received scholarships to offset the program cost of eight weeks of summer camp and various special event or weekly programs.
- Athletes competing in seven different sports programs with Special Recreation have been outfitted in appropriate uniforms, supplied with equipment, and have traveled to local and state competitions and tournaments at no cost to the athlete.
- Through the generosity of local businesses, individuals, and organizations, Special Recreation is able to supply participants with disabilities, as well as financial struggles, with year-round recreational and athletic opportunities they would otherwise be unable to afford.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to assist Special Recreation in its fundraising efforts, please review the attached informational pamphlet, call the Special Recreation Services of Northern Lake County- Waukegan office at: (847) 360-4760 or email Julie Schneider: click to email.
The Cultural Arts Division would greatly appreciate your contribution to support the Waukegan Symphony Orchestra, Concert Chorus and scholarships for youth art, music and dance instruction. To download a contribution form in .pdf format, please click here.
If you are interested in learning more about the Cultural Arts Division, please call the Jack Benny Center for the arts at : (847) 360-4740 or email Claudia Freeman: click to email.
We welcome and deeply appreciate any charitable giving in the form of cash, land or property. Donations will be applied to the most relevant project or program, unless specified by the donor.
Centennial Donations and Contributions
On December 26, 2016 the Waukegan Park District will celebrate its 100th Birthday. Its Centennial Year will be celebrated throughout 2017. A series of special events are planned:
- Help us celebrate our 100th Birthday with an open house beginning at 4:30pm at the Belvidere Recreation Center and a bonfire followed by fireworks in Belvidere Park on December 26, 2016 at 5:30pm.
- Volunteer to help during National River Cleanup Day on May 13, 2017. We will cleanup Waukegan Ravines.
- Join the Community Centennial Celebration after the annual American Independence Parade on Sunday, July 2 at Bowen Park from 2:30-6pm.
- Plant a Centennial Celebration Tree. Find more information here.
For more information on giving to the Waukegan Park District,
please contact Jay Lerner, Executive Director: 847-360-4721.