B.A.S.E. (Before and After School Experience) Ages K-5
The Waukegan Park District Before and After School Experience (B.A.S.E.) is for boys and girls from first through fifth grade. The Before School program is also available for morning Kindergarten students and the After School program is available for afternoon kindergarten students. Your child will participate in fun activities including games, arts and crafts, sports, nature activities and more! Homework assistance and snacks will be provided daily.
Before School Program (7am-9am)
- After School Program – Early Release (2:30pm-6:00pm)
- After School Program – Late Release (3:30pm-6:00pm)
- Click here for the B.A.S.E. Parent Handbook
- Click here for the B.A.S.E. Student Information Form
- Click here for the B.A.S.E. Medical Information Form
- Click here for the B.A.S.E. Permission to Dispense Medication Form
School Day Off, Holiday & Spring Break Programs – Ages 6-12
Take a break from school, but not from friends and fun! The day will consist of field trips, arts and crafts, games, sports, and more!
- We Have Off (W.H.O.)
- Holiday Adventures Winter Break
- Spring Break Adventures
Youth Recreation Programs – Ages 5-12
The Waukegan Park District provides a variety of supervised opportunities for youth to build and learn new skills, interact and socialize with their peers in a fun environment. Programs we have to offer include:
- Creative Arts
- Skills and Hobbies
Outdoor Recreation Programs
The Waukegan Park District subscribes to the concept of “leave no person inside”. Whether it’s hiking, canoeing, climbing, or bird watching, we make it easy to take advantage of the fun opportunities just outside your back door.
Teen and Tweens Recreation Programs – Ages 12-15
The Waukegan Park District loves teens! We strive to provide enriching recreational activities that challenge and motivate young people to learn new things and to keep having fun. Programs include:
- Skills and Hobbies
- Social Programs
- To view youth programs offered this season, click here for the current quarterly program guide.