Waukegan History Museum is FREE
The Waukegan History Museum in Bowen Park is the home of the Waukegan Historical Society. The museum is the repository for all of Waukegan’s rich history. The museum portrays life in 1870s Waukegan. Temporary exhibits rotate throughout the year. Visit us during open hours or contact us for group tours. The Waukegan History Museum is located at 1917 N. Sheridan Road in beautiful Bowen Park. Visit Waukegan History Museum on Facebook!
Tuesday and Thursday: 10am-4pm
You may call 847-360-4749 or 847-336-1859 to set up group tours.
Large Tour Groups
Please call to schedule your free guided tour of the museum for your group.
For Educators and Youth Leaders
All programs are free!
- Guided Museum Tours (All Grades)
- Guided Bus Tours (All Grades)
- Classroom Presentations (All Grades)
- Library Research (All Grades)
- Research assistance of Chicago Metro History Fair (All Grades)
- The History of Waukegan, Illinois Teacher’s Guide (4th Grade)
- For more information please contact us at 847-360-4749 or 847-336-1859.
- For Location & Directions (Click Here)