• Belvidere Recreation Center
• Jane Addams Center
• Lilac Cottage
• Schornick Theatre
• Field Rentals
• Athletic Field Rentals
• Batting/Golf Cages
• Birthday Parties
• Camp/School Groups
• Climbing Wall
• Meeting Rooms
• Bevier Park Picnic Pavilion
• Bowen Park Formal Garden
• Bowen Park Janet Morrison Picnic Center
• Hinkston Park Main Pavilion
• Hinkston Park South Pavilion
• Washington Park Bandshell
Park Permit & Rental Rates and Application
Our mission is to provide facilities, parks and open spaces that are attractive and safe for the people of our community. The Park Use Permit allows us to avoid overcrowding and accommodate groups for a pleasant, enjoyable park experience. It also allows you to reserve a specific pavilion. There are two different types of Park Permits available:
• A permit for a specific pavilion (Bevier, Bowen or Hinkston Parks). These permits reserve the pavilion for your group and include picnic tables and grills. Reservations are also available for the Bowen Park Formal Garden and the Washington Park Bandshell. These two sites do not have picnic tables or grills.
• A “Green Space” Permit. ($25 fee) This permit is issued for groups of 25 or more who wish to gather in the park, but do not wish to rent a pavilion. The Green Space Permit allows us to schedule larger groups using the parks to prevent overcrowding, and also assists the Park Patrol officers in enforcing regulations. This permit does not reserve any particular space in a park, nor does it guarantee the use of picnic tables or grills, which are on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
Park Use Permits help the District accommodate groups and ensure guests
have a pleasant, safe, and enjoyable park experience. Beginning on Monday, March
2nd, Park Use Permit green space and pavilion rental applications will be
available. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received,
first come, first served. Applications need to be completed and submitted in
person at the Belvidere Recreation Center, (BRC) 412 S. Lewis Ave. BRC will be
open on Monday, March 2 from 9am-8pm. Thereafter, Monday thru Friday, 4-8pm and
Saturdays from 9am-2pm. Proof of residency and identification are required and
rental fees and security deposits must accompany the completed application. For
more information, please call 847-360-4700 or click here to review the
2015 Waukegan Park District Park Use Permit Guide & Application.
• Pool Rentals
• Alcohol consumption is not permitted in any indoor/outdoor facility.
• Smoking is not permitted in any indoor facility.
• Use of the kitchen is available at the Belvidere Recreation Center, Field House, Lilac Cottage, and the Jane Addams Center for an additional fee.
• For continuous rentals, such as church services, please call the Reservation Clerk at 847-360-4700.
• No items can be stored at the facility before or after contracted rental time.
• At all indoor rentals, a supervisor is present throughout the length of the rental.
• Damage to the facility will result in the loss of the rental deposit.
• Reservations must be made at least two weeks prior to the rental date, youth parties 1 month.
• Contracted hours must include decorating and clean up hours.
• Failure to abide by the rental contract may result in deposit loss or shut down of the rental. Time lost will not be reimbursed.
• Rental deposits are returned 7-10 working days after the rental as long as all contract rules have been adhered to.
• Each rental facility has additional rules and regulations. Please review your rental contract or permit before signing.
• All functions conducted in District parks or facilities must be held in accordance with District ordinances, policies and rules.
• Observe closing hours for park site (in most cases sunset).
• Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in District parks or facilities. Our parks are smoke free!
• Vehicles are restricted to designated parking areas and are not allowed on grass areas.
• Loud music, obscene language or boisterous behavior breaching the public peace is not permitted.
• Facilities must be cleaned after use; trash and recyclables placed in proper containers and coals must be disposed of in designated concrete containers.
• The Park Patrol officer will monitor Park Use Permits. Please make sure to have your copy with you on the day of your event.
• Notify the Parks Department at (847)360-4725 if your event is cancelled.