Howard E. Ganster Pool (HGP)
416 S. Lewis Avenue
2017 Pool Passes go on sale May 1.
Ganster Pool is closed for the season as of August 21, 2016.
For more information, please call 847-360-4700
Daily fee is $4.50 for all over four (4) years. Three (3) years and under are free.
For additional information about Ganster Pool hours, passes and fees, please click here:
GANSTER POOL RULES & SAFETY
For the safety and enjoyment of all our patrons, please remember:
- Children under eight years must be accompanied by a parent or adult 18 years or older at all times in and out of the water at the pool.
- Glass items of any kind are not permitted.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are permitted, and only with parental/adult supervision. A number of life jackets are available upon request.
- The lifeguards are there for your safety. Please follow their instructions.
- If you have any questions regarding any aspect of our aquatic facility, please do not hesitate to talk to one of our friendly aquatic staff members.
- Ten minute safety breaks will be called every hour during open swim.
Swim Suits Required
Health Department regulations stipulate that patrons must wear swimsuits in public swimming pools. Swimsuits are made of nylon, lycra or a combination of these fabrics and have a liner! Patrons are not allowed to swim in underwear, cut-off shorts, sweat pants, etc. Children in diapers must wear tight fitting plastic pants over the diaper. T-shirts may not be worn while swimming except for medical reasons. Please keep this in mind as you are preparing to visit the pool. Patrons without proper swimwear will not be allowed into the facilities.
Uncontrollable conditions will occasionally prevent the facility from opening or cause them to close before the regularly scheduled closing times. When this occurs, the manager will make a decision on whether or not to reopen the facility at consistent checkpoints throughout the day. These checkpoints will be at 3pm and 5pm for Howard E. Ganster Pool.
Facilities will close early if:
- There is a threat of violent weather, lightning is sighted or thunder heard.
- The air temperature drops to 65° F or less.
- There is a strong, steady rain for 30 minutes.
- There is a mechanical failure or the pool water is chemically imbalanced.
- The number of patrons drops below ten for one hour.
Adult Lap Swim
Adult lap swim is available every weekday morning starting at 7:30am. Lap swimming time is also available on Monday and Wednesday evenings starting at 6pm. Field House Sports and Fitness Center members may swim laps during designated lap swim times when they show fitness center membership cards.